About Us

Some information about us...

Culleoka Water Supply Corporation is a member-owned, non-profit water supply corporation organized under laws of the State of Texas and operates under a Certificate of Convenience and Necessity issued by the State.  The water supply operates under provisions of Chapter 67, non-profit Water Supply or Sewer Service Corporations, of the Texas Water Code and applicable provisions of the Business Organization Code for the purpose of furnishing potable water utility service.  The water supply was incorporated in 1965 for the purpose of providing potable water to the rural area located south of Princeton and north of Lake Lavon. 

Culleoka Water Supply Corporation purchases all its water from the North Texas Municipal Water District located in Wylie, Texas, via a water purchase contract with the City of Princeton.  The water supply has no other source of water.

Culleoka Water Supply Corporation is governed under the laws of the State of Texas and other pertinent federal laws.  The water supply is operated in strict adherence to the rules and standards set by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).  The water system is monitored on a continuing basis and inspected annually by TCEQ.  The system is maintained and operated by personnel licensed by the TCEQ.

The water supply is governed by a Board of Directors elected at the annual director's election at the annual membership meeting.  The corporation has a seven member board, each director is elected for a three year term.  The board of directors are elected by the members of the corporation.

About the Culleoka Community ...

A bit of history about the Culleoka Community ...

Culleoka, on a spur off Farm Road 982 near the banks of Lake Lavon, ten miles east of McKinney in east central Collin County, is named after the Tennessee hometown of its early settlers.  It was formed in the late 1880's following the construction of a general store in 1887.  In 1892, its population was twenty, and by 1900 a mill and cotton gin were operating there.  From 1893 to 1906 Culleoka had a post office serving an estimated population of fifty.  After 1906, mail for the community was sent to McKinney.  Over the next several decades the population of Culleoka grew to 150, where it remained until the late 1940's.  In the 1930's, the town had a high school, three or four businesses and four churches.  It began to decline in the late 1940's, in part due to the growth of nearby Plano and also because of the disruption of the area caused by the completion of Lavon Dam in 1954 and the resulting large reservoir.

BIBLIOGRAPHY: Roy Franklin Hall and Helen Gibbard Hall, Collin County: Pioneering in North Texas (Quanah, Texas, 1975)

 

Contact & Office Information ...

Office Hours 8:00 to 5:00 Monday thru Friday
Closed for lunch 12:00 to 1:00
Telephone 972.736.2592
972.734.3572
Fax 972.736.3587
Postal Address P. O. Box 909
Princeton, TX 75407
Physical Address 100 E. Princeton Drive (Hwy 380)
Princeton, TX 75407
E-Mail culleoka@culleoka.org